Title: Status column in the translation grid
The translation grid consists of one row for every segment, and three columns in each row. The first column contains the source segment, the second column contains the target segment, and the third column shows status information about the translation of the current segment.
You can navigate the translation grid using the Up Arrow and Down Arrow or Page Up and Page Down. Press the Tab key to move between the source and the target cell (or click the cell with the mouse). The active cell is highlighted with a light red border. You can edit the target segment by entering any text. The source segment can also be edited after choosing Edit Source from the Edit menu or from the translation grid context menu, or by pressing F2.
Every segment has a status column. The status column shows the following information:
- Match rate: Shows the match rate of the segment inserted during pre-translation. It is displayed as a percentage. The purpose of the match rate is to see the productivity arising from using translation memory and therefore the number does not change after editing the segment. Match rate does not change to 100% once the translation has been entered, it preserves the original percentage.
- Status: Shows the status of the segment. This can be the following:
- Not started: These segments are indicated with gray color.
- Edited: These segments are indicated with brown color.
- Pre-translated: These segments are indicated with blue color.
- Assembled from fragments: These segments are indicated with pink color.
- Translator Confirmed: These segments are indicated with green color and one check mark. When a user in the translator role confirms a segment, the green color will indicate the confirmed status.
- Reviewer 1 Confirmed: These segments are indicated with green color and one check mark with a plus on top. When a user in the Reviewer 1 role confirms a segment, the green color will indicate the confirmed status.
- Reviewer 2 Confirmed (Proofread): These segments are indicated with green color and a double check mark. When a user in the terminologist or the Reviewer 2 role confirms a segment, the green color will indicate the proofread status.
- Locked: Text in these segments is displayed with a gray background.
- To change the status of a segment, double-click the status box to display the Change segment status dialog.
- Confirmation: Although the confirmation status is indicated with colors, confirmed segments are also marked by a or ,[PICTURE icon_proofread.gif] and unconfirmed segments are marked by an .
- Warning: If you see the symbol, this means that there are warnings related to inline tags, or quality assurance. If you double click the warning symbol, you get information on the nature of the warning. If a warning memoQ raised is false, you can also set it to ignore. Ignored warnings are indicated by the symbol. If you receive a bilingual file and a quality assurance check was performed on it before, you will see the warnings.
- Error: If you see the symbol, there is an error. In this case, the number of legacy formatting tags in the source segment and the number of tags in the target segment is different. When you correct the error, and move away from the segment (or confirm it), the symbol disappears. If you double-click the error symbol, memoQ displays information on the nature of the error.
- Repetition: If you see the symbol, exactly the same segment is repeated somewhere else within the project. If you see the symbol, exactly the same segment is repeated somewhere else within the project and the translation was filled out with the translation of the other segment using auto-propagation.
- Lock: You can lock a segment by clicking the icon in the toolbar, double-clicking the or symbol, or pressing Ctrl+Shift+L. This way, you can secure segments against unintentional overwriting. If you lock a segment, a symbol appears, and the background of the segment changes to gray. You can unlock a segment by double-clicking the same symbol, or pressing Ctrl+Shift+L. You can lock multiple segments of selected types by pressing Ctrl+Alt+L. You can unlock multiple segments of certain types by pressing Ctrl+Alt+U.
- Comment: You can add a comment by double-clicking the symbol, or pressing Ctrl+M. If there is a comment added to the segment, the sign appears darker: . You can move the mouse over the comment: the comment will be displayed in a popup box. Comments are also visible in the information pane. Comments are stored in the project, and exported to memoQ XLIFF files. However, they are lost when you export your document in the final stage of the translation process.
- Found or replaced text: If you click Mark all in the Find and replace dialog, all matches will be marked with if the segment has no comments, or if the segment is commented. These marks are lost when you export your document in the final stage of the translation process.
- Change marks: If you work on a document in an online document with desktop documents, more than one users can edit the same document. You can download the changes from the server into your local copy. When memoQ downloads the changes to a document, it marks the segments that were changed by others. There are two types of change marks:
- : This marks a change in the segment that was made by someone else. Whatever text you had in this segment is gone, and it is replaced by the text written by the other user.
- : This marks a change in the segment that was made by you, and was saved to the server. This indicates that the segment was changed by someone else, but that change was overwritten by your version of the text.