Using MQXLIFF in memoQ 5
Posted by Péter Botta on 24 January 2013 08:55 AM
Title: Using MQXLIFF files in memoQ 5.0
Since memoQ 6.0, the XLIFF format changed. You can export a bilingual XLIFF as MQXLIFF or as MQXLZ (a zipped XLIFF which includes the skeleton, the preview and the major version history).
In order to be able to translate those files in memoQ 5, you need to export the MQXLIFF file format from memoQ 6.0 or 6.2.
1. In the Translations pane of your project, click the Export bilingual command in the Documents tab. Uncheck the Save as compressed file (.mqxlz) check box. Note: You loose the preview of your files, you can also not export the skeleton of your file as well as the major version history in the MQXLIFF format. This is only possible with the MQXLZ extension.
2. Export a MQXLIFF file. After the export, navigate to the location where you exported the file to.
3. Rename the MQXLIFF file extension to XLF.
4. Import the XLF into memoQ 5.0. Translate the file, export as XLF file again.
5. Change the XLF file extension back to the MQXLIFF file extension.
6. Import the in memoQ 5.0 translated XLF file back as MQXLIFF file into your memoQ 6.0 or 6.2 project.