When there is an error that affects thememoQ server, always perform these steps:
- In most cases, a customer user attempted to do something which failed or didn't lead to the desired result. Find an exact time when this happened (the operation was attempted etc).
- Get the memoQ client log file from the user who attempted the operation. (If it was in memoQ desktop client.) You can find the log file here: "C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ\Log\MemoQLite.log"
- Get the memoQ server log file from the customer. You can find the log file here: "C:\ProgramData\MemoQ Server\Log\Server.log"
- In the server log file, take a look at the time when the memoQ client user experienced the error. See if there is an obvious error in the memoQ server log at the same time. See if there is a restart at the same time, or very shortly after. If there is, that indicates that memoQ server crashed (if there is no error, it was probably TM engine). Warning: the memoQ client and the server might be in different time zones!
- If you are escalating the issue, share everything you collected or found out in the above steps. If you are reporting to mantis, try and extract the most relevant information: if you saw an error in the server log that seems to be directly linked to the problem, copy and paste it as text. Also try and extract the specific error from the client log, if any. (Don't just upload logs, text is searchable directly, log files aren't.)