Title: memoQ server 2013 system requirements
Always check the Kilgray website for a newer version/the latest memoQ version for changed requirements.
To run memoQ server 2013, your computer must meet the following requirements:
- A PC with a CoreDuo2 or more powerful processor (a server-class computer is recommended with a 64-bit processor).
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB or more is recommended, depending on the size of your projects and the number and size of your translation memories).
- 212 MB of hard disk space for the application. You will need additional space (a few gigabytes to several hundreds of gigabytes, or even terabytes) depending on the size and number of your projects and resources) to store resources such as translation memories or term bases, and projects.
Important: memoQ server does not support Amazon EC2 virtual servers because the unique identifiers of the servers might change, which makes memoQ server licenses invalid. If you plan to run memoQ server from a virtual machine, please choose a different hosting provider.
- A Windows server operating system (Windows Server 2003 or newer); Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 is recommended. 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are both supported.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. You need to install this prerequisite manually.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012. The Express, Developer, Standard, and Enterprise editions are all supported. You need to install and configure SQL Server before installing memoQ server.
- Important: Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2 do not support SQL Server 2012. If you had Kilgray to host your trial run of memoQ server, and you do not upgrade to Windows Server 2008 at least, you will lose the data you created during your trial run.
- If you are using mobile licenses: TCP port 80 needs to be open both for inbound and outbound requests on the server and in any firewall you may be using. This port is required for activation traffic. The server must be able to communicate over this port. memoQ server can communicate through a proxy server.
- TCP port 2705 open on the server and any firewalls. This is the main service port: the memoQ server computer must be accessible through this port at all times.
Important: To install memoQ server 2013, or to perform any of the procedures described in the memoQ server 2013 installation guide (available here), you need administrative privileges in Windows – in other words, you need to be member of the Administrators group on the server computer.
You need to perform all procedures locally on the server computer. If you need to install or configure memoQ server from another computer, you need to use a remote control application such as Remote Desktop (built into Windows and Windows Server systems).
You can find the memoQ server log file here: c:\programdata\memoq server\log